Cuddling couple sitting on a ledge at sunset in Los Angeles
The weather Southern California has been beautiful these past several days, so I packed up my camera and headed out for a day of pictures. I know, sunset silhouette images have been done to death, there easy to take and are all over the internet. Well, here is my contribution to the million plus images of a cuddling couple at sunset!
For those beginners who want to re-create a shot like this, here are the steps:
- Best if using a DSLR or a Point & Shoot camera with an AE option.
- Get behind your subject, with the sun facing the front side of the person you plan photograph. (You-Subject-Sun)
- Make sure you and the camera are on the shadow of the person you are photographing.
- Zoom into your dark subject and allow the camera to set the exposure.
- Press and hold the AE button on your camera.
- Zoom out while holding the AE button and frame your image.
- Press shutter while still holding the AE button.
- Smile and show off your image on Facebook!